Thermal Cutout Model IR is manufactured in India by Portex Technologies and was developed with a metal body, but, at the same time keeping the size small. This thermal cutout has a deep drawn seamless aluminum body which gives it strength and better temperature sensing capability. It is the smallest metal body thermal cutout in our complete range of thermal overload protectors. It has a high temperature resistance engineering polymer insulation in the inside and so the outer metal body is electrically insulated, hence, there is no chance of any electrical shock. Due to the inbuilt insulation, there is no need of a plastic insulating sleeve. It does not have any mounting arrangement as it is designed to be inserted in any cavity of the equipment. It can also be fixed with a clamp or any high temperature adhesive or it can be taped on to the equipment with a high temperature tape.
The operating principle of this thermal cutout is based on the over center mechanism, which operates a snap action bimetal strip and a beryllium copper switching blade. This mechanism is much more efficient that the snap action disc thermostat mechanism because it provides our thermal cutout with quick restart feature and stable trip temperature. The contacts of the metal body thermal cutout are made of solid silver. This gives the thermal cutout a long life and better performance characteristics. All the components of this thermal cutout are spot welded on a stainless steel housing plate. The lead wires are teflon insulated which can withstand high temperature. The body is doubled sealed with an industrial grade epoxy. Due to this the operating characteristics of our thermal cutout model IR are not affected by moisture, varnish, dust, etc. It is available with Normally Open (N.O.) and Normally Closed (N.C.) contacts.
Special Features of Thermal Cutout
- Deep drawn seamless Aluminum body
- Small size for easy fitting
- Better temperature sensing and more strength
- Snap Action bimetal Thermal Cutout
- Quick make and break switching
- No Chattering or sparking
- Solid silver contacts for long life or 1,00,000 operations
- Lead wires are teflon insulated.
- Available with Normally Open (N.O.) or Normally Closed (N.C) contacts
- Available for any trip temperature required from 50C to 160C.
Technical Specifications of Thermal Cutout
|Voltage||Upto 250 VAC or 24 VDC|
|Continuous Load||Upto 8 AMPS|
|Maximum Load Switching Capacity||30 AMPS|
|Contacts Configuration||Available in Normally Open (N.O.) or Normally Closed (N.C) contacts|
|Switching Action||SPST Normally Closed (N.C.) contacts which open with a snap action. Also available Normally Open (N.O.) contacts which close with a snap action.|
|Flash-over Voltage||Exceeds 2 KV between body & leads.|
|Endurance (Life)||Exceeds 100,000 operations (trippings).|
|Trip Temperature||Available preset between 50 ± 5 degrees C to 160 ± 5 degrees C specified by customer. Not adjustable.|
|Reset Temperature||Resets approx. 15 ± 5 C below trip temperature.|
|Restart Mode||Automatic restart upon cooling. Adequate precaution must be exercised in applications where automatic restart can cause injury, i.e., power tools, mixie blade, power saws, machinery etc.|
Applications of Thermal Cutout
- Heating Moulds
- Welding equipment & gas pre-heaters
- Motor overheat & burnout protection – all sizes (single and three phase)
- Automotive and Lightings
- Transformer overheat & burnout protection (all sizes)
- Bearing and bushes overheat sensors
- Industrial electronics: overheat protection of thyristors, power transistors, SCRs, etc.
- Industrial machinery
- Heat sinks over temperature sensor
- Surface Heaters, Oven Thermostats